PRACTICAL AND TIMELESS
Versatile, durable and timeless. That is how we describe our Simuwood Venetian blinds. Available in 16 colours and hand crafted in Kwa-Zulu Natal, this investment will last a lifetime and never go out of style.
Motorised Venetian Blinds
Simuwood Venetian 50mm slat width blinds can be operated using a motorised system from a wall switch, remote control or programmed control system, which may be integrated seamlessly with a home automation system. We are proud to offer this option in association with Somfy, a world-leader in such systems.
Simuwood Venetian blinds can lift, drop and tilt via remote control and it is also possible to programme the blinds to react automatically to the sunlight and temperature in a room, protecting you, furniture and plants against the harmful effects of the sun, whilst providing effective temperature control.
- Sun protection
- Easy to clean
- Close fit
- Motorisation NOT YET available
- Poor Not ideal Average Good Excellent
- Note: Ratings only indicative and are dependent on fabrics chosen as well as individual environments.
- When it comes to specifying a product, you may require expert advice and technical details. We have a country-wide network of expert dealers that will give you the best advice on selecting the correct window covering to achieve maximum effect in both domestic and commercial environments.
- We can offer advice on UV protection, thermal comfort as well as sound and glare reduction. We can also provide up to date information on all of our more technical fabrics and supply case studies, laboratory testing results and international certifications for production and emissions.
- Locally manufactured simuwood slats are 100% PVC made with a mixture of recycled and virgin materials.
- Extruded and stamped to reflect a wood look.
- Slats are warp resistant to ensure a neat look.
Accessories & Options:
- Available in ladder string or a variety of designer ladder tapes.
- Can be motorised.
- Hold down brackets are readily available.
- Extremely robust steel head and bottom rail.
- All components are galvanised steel or industrial grade plastics.
- Cords and ladder strings are highly specialised yarn dyed polyester.
- Ladder tapes are highly decorative and made with yarn dyed polyester.
- Installation brackets are easy to install swivel brackets also galvanised to ensure long life.
- Hold down brackets are brass plated spring steel with stainless steel pins.
- Luminos is proud to offer this option in association with Somfy, a world-leader in such systems. Our home-brand, Elettrico, is also available for the more price conscious.
Ever conscious of child-safety all Luminos Venetian blinds are supplied as standard with a clear acrylic cleat. The blind cord can then be neatly wound around it out of harm’s way.
- Regular feather dusting for light cleaning and maintenance.
- Wipe off hardware and components with mild detergent and a soft cloth.
- 25mm Venetian can be unclipped from the bracket. Immerse in a tub of mild, soapy water, rinse and then hang up to air dry.
- Our Simuwood Venetian Blinds are an excellent choice for that comforting home feel of real wood window treatments but are also resistant to moisture, making them ideal for bathrooms and kitchens.