SIMPLE AND STYLISH
Roller blinds offer a simple and stylish solution to any homeowner. The wide range of designs, textures and material types available ensure that they complement and enhance the décor in your home. Different areas of the home may require different types of materials, such as block-out materials for a bedroom, which give complete privacy and full protection from the sun at the same time.
Versatile and easy to operate, roller blinds have improved tremendously from when they were first introduced. Roller blinds can be effortlessly rolled up or down to the desired position by means of a side control mechanism or you can choose to motorise your Roller blinds.
Gone are the days of the spring loaded mechanisms which led to Roller blinds ‘jumping’, as all our’ roller blinds are fitted with an improved and superior mechanism.
- Sun protection to
- Cooling to
- Darkening to
- Insulation to
- Anti-glare to
- Easy to clean to
- Humidity to
- Privacy to
- Affordability to
- Close fit
- Motorisation available
- Poor Not ideal Average Good Excellent
- Note: Ratings only indicative and are dependent on fabrics chosen as well as individual environments.
- When it comes to specifying a product, you may require expert advice and technical details. We have a country-wide network of expert dealers that will give you the best advice on selecting the correct window covering to achieve maximum effect in both domestic and commercial environments.
- We can offer advice on UV protection, thermal comfort as well as sound and glare reduction. We can also provide up to date information on all of our more technical fabrics and supply case studies, laboratory testing results and international certifications for production and emissions.
- Fabrics:Black-out Materials: Roller blinds made with black-out materials block out 99% of the sun’s harmful UV rays, whilst also providing complete privacy in the home. A popular choice for blinds for children’s rooms and nurseries these fabrics keep the light out, helping children to sleep longer. Luminos offers a wide range of black-out materials from plain, patterned and even textured materials to blend in seamlessly with your home décor.Semi-black-out Materials: For those wishing to let some natural light into a room, whilst maintaining total privacy, semi-black-out materials are the perfect choice. Semi-black-out fabrics are available in a wide range from those that let in a little light to those that permit more light into a room according to the individual materials.Sheer Materials: these are for use in more general areas in the home and offer excellent levels of privacy and sun protection, whilst allowing light to gently filter through.Materials Suitable for Moist Areas: For areas of the home such as bathrooms and kitchens where there may be higher levels of moisture, Luminos provides the perfect solution in the form of water-resistant fabrics, which are either black-out or waterproof PVC fabrics. Materials made from these materials are very easy to clean and water resistant, ensuring that they will continue adding style to your home for years to come.Technical Fabrics:
Our technical fabrics are available for roller, vertical, panel vertical, panel and roman blinds. Luminos Blinds are Africa’s leading supplier of technical fabrics for the most discerning projects.
The market requires that products being used in commercial projects offer specifiers, architects and owners’ quantifiable benefits. These are ensuring that the fabrics used in commercial projects give qualities that reduce or retain heat, offer reduced glare and cancel noise. These benefits are mostly long-term savings, but also largely to ensure added comfort for the occupants.
Our association with the world’s leading technical textile manufacturers Junkers and Mueller from Germany opens an array of products that make us the leading supplier of world class product in Africa.
Certified by all the most relevant organisations for low environmental impact during manufacture right to ensuring that the product causes the least harm to the environment when it is disposed of, is the complete value offering. Everything we claim can be backed with solid laboratory data and environmental consultants can easily do the calculations that is so critical in the planning stages. Our own experts are on hand to provide the support and information from inception right up to installation.
Several prestigious projects have been completed and the increased interest in our fabrics is clear indication that we are a trusted supplier of technical fabrics.
We now stock a small collection of these fabrics as part of our regular collections and these can be delivered in very short delivery periods. Continuous research and reacting to market requirements is a strong point of our German partner. Keeping us abreast of the latest trends in Green Buildings and new environmentally friendly production techniques and raw materials ensures that we can offer cutting edge products to the market.
The hardware to operate these products match the commercial requirement as well. We offer hardware from Australian and Italian manufacturers who are equally stringent with the needs for commercial requirements. Our motors are sourced from Somfy, who lead the world in automation. Offering solutions for retro fitting to projects from planning stage, Somfy has developed highly sophisticated systems to integrate with almost every building automation system.
Installation is done by our highly skilled installers. Installation accessories are supplied by either Upat or Hilti or as specified by the professional.
Accessories & Options:
You can choose from a range of tasteful accessories to complement your custom-made Luminos roller blinds including; scallops, tassels and coordinated braids.
Options include fitting your roller binds with head-rails and pelmets that complement the chosen blind. Your dealer will be able to advise you on the appropriate accessories for your blinds. Please ask them for further details.
As important as the fabrics are to a roller blind, most definitely the engine must match to ensure that the real value offering is complete. At Luminos Blinds we have sourced nothing but the best to complement world class fabrics. Our collection of hardware is sourced from specialist manufacturers in Taiwan, Australia, and Italy.
Each of these suppliers are leading specialists in their product and to ensure that the product remains at the top, extensive research and upgrades are constantly filtering through. At Luminos Blinds we are fully aware of the challenges that specifiers and end-users have and to address this we can source almost any system from simple spring-loaded systems to complex motor integrated. Whether you are installing in mini bus taxis to huge expansive windows in a hotel, we have the hardware to match.
Luminos Blinds, leading the imagination to reality
- Luminos roller blinds can be operated using a motorised system from a wall switch, remote control or programmed control system, which may be integrated seamlessly with a home automation system.
- Luminos is proud to offer this option in association with Somfy, a world-leader in such systems. Our home-brand, Elettrico, is also available for the more price conscious.
- Roller blinds can lift and drop via remote control and it is also possible to programme the blinds to react automatically to the sunlight and temperature in a room, protecting you, furniture and plants against the harmful effects of the sun, whilst providing effective temperature control.
Ever conscious of child-safety all Luminos Roller blinds are supplied as standard with a clear acrylic cleat. The blind cord can then be neatly wound around it out of harm’s way.
- Regular feather dusting for light cleaning and maintenance.
- Wipe off hardware and components with mild detergent and a soft cloth.
- Spot clean with a soft, damp cloth or sponge. Add mild detergent to the cloth if needed. Blot gently to avoid damaging the product. Rubbing can damage fabrics. Remember – Blot and Not Rub.
- Design: The designer’s imagination is let loose to create the most outrageous designs right to the subtlest woven effects. This offers the decorator or home owner an arsenal that can make an interior stand out or be a foil for other decorative accessories.
- Light Control: Available in fine sheer to total blackout roller fabrics which gives the option of creating the perfect atmosphere within an area.
- Heat: From highly technical heat reflective backings to open weaves, the amount of heat can be regulated to ensure internal comfort.
- Anti-Glare: Different density of weaves can reduce the glare within a room. There are always several options and the comfort needed is just your choice away.
- UV Protection: Streaming sunlight can harm the beautiful furnishings within a room. Roller blinds may reflect enough UV to offer protection and extend the life of the internal furnishings.
- Privacy: The choice of fabric can offer total privacy or partial privacy. The choice is yours.
- Sound: As buildings become smaller and neighbour’s get nearer, sound reduction is a factor that is becoming more important when making decorative choices. Luminos offers a large array of fabrics that helps with this challenge.
- Anti-Bacterial: We offer fabrics that offer health sensitive customers and added fight against the spread of bacteria and other contaminates.
- Confined Spaces: Roller blinds fit into tight spaces. Easily one of the most versatile options when installation space is minimum.